Work Exchange NZ (also Singapore Work Exchange Programme) offers the opportunity for young Singaporeans who are either undergraduate students or graduates of a Singapore university or polytechnic to travel around New Zealand, taking up temporary work while they are there. The visa enables you to undertake casual work and travel around New Zealand for up to 6 months, and you are also allowed to enrol in one training or study course of up to three months during your visit.
The visa allows you to undertake casual work and travel around New Zealand for up to 6 months, and you are also allowed to enrol in one training or study course of up to three months during your visit.
- be an undergraduate or a graduate of a Singapore university or polytechnic
- have a passport from Singapore that is valid for at least six months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
- not bring children with you
- hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*
- have a minimum of NZ$2,250 available funds to meet your living costs while you are there
- meet our health and character requirements
- hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work being a secondary intention for your visit
- not have been approved a visa or permit under a Working Holiday Scheme before
If you are already in New Zealand you also need to hold a valid temporary permit.
*You are required to hold sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.
If you are an undergraduate wanting to gain work experience in New Zealand before completing your study in Singapore you must:
- be registered with a Singapore university or polytechnic
- be a participant on an agreed exchange between your university or polytechnic in Singapore and a New Zealand university or polytechnic
- arrange your own employment directly with a New Zealand employer.
If you are a graduate of a Singapore university or polytechnic you must:
- apply for a Work Visa or Permit under this program within three years from the date of your graduation
- meet the same conditions for undergraduate students above.