Program Participation Terms and Conditions
- Program Participation: Speedwing reserves the right to deny any applicant participation in the program up to the time of departure if it is deemed to be in the best interests of the program. Any question on this issue will be referred to the program sponsor, whose decision is final.
- Program Fulfillment: You are to work through and fulfill the agreed date period stated on the job offer letter signed between your host country employer and you. If you fail to do so, you may be terminated from the program. Your visa status will hence be invalid and you will have to leave the host country immediately. It could jeopardize your future attempts to get subsequent visa from the host country. Your school will also be notified of the reason(s) for your program termination.
- Visas and entry:
- Speedwing cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa.
- Speedwing will provide you with the legal document which is required for visa application and issued by the program sponsor. After you have signed on the legal document, we will then submit your visa application to the respective Embassy in Singapore. You are required to attend a personal interview at the respective Embassy at your own expense.
- You are responsible for paying all Consulate visa processing fees, which are non-refundable if a visa is refused.
- The respective Embassy has the authority to issue or deny any visa application. Even after you have been issued a visa, the final decision in all cases rests with the immigration officer at the point of entry.
- If you are denied a visa by the respective Embassy for any reason, the standard cancellation conditions will apply (see Cancellation Policy below).
- Speedwing reserves the right to cancel applications if any of the eligibility and program conditions is not met in full.
- If you decide to cancel, you must submit your cancellation to Speedwing in writing and this will be effective from the date received by Speedwing. Cancellations will be accepted by letter, fax or verified e-mail only.
- If you cancel, the refund of your program fee is dependent on which stage in the application process you are at:
- If your cancellation is effective before your legal documents have been printed, you will receive a partial refund.
- If your cancellation is effective after your legal documents have been printed, there will be no refund of any fee.
- If your cancellation is due to the respective Embassy’s rejection of your visa application, you will receive a full refund less administrative charges.
- If you withdraw from the program after receiving the legal document, you must immediately return this document to Speedwing together with your written cancellation. Speedwing will then return the legal documents to the program sponsor.
- Refunds of the components of the program which are provided by suppliers other than Speedwing, including visas, airfares and insurance, will be at the discretion of the relevant suppliers and subject to the conditions and cancellation charges set by those suppliers.
- The job offer by the employer is an agreement between student and employer. If either student or employer decides backing out from the agreement, it does not change the administration process that has already been performed, thus the cancellation fee is still applicable. Visa fee and other related fee that has been paid prior to the cancellation, in most cases are non refundable.
I, understand and agree to the following:
- I have read and understood all the program conditions and agree to be bound by them.
- I declare that all statements on my application are true. I recognise that any false declaration on my part may result in forfeiture of my place on the program with no entitlement to any refund of my program fee or reimbursement of any consequent expenses.
- I acknowledge that Speedwing are at all material times the agent for and on behalf of the program sponsor in processing my application for the internship program.
- I irrevocably confirm that Speedwing shall bear no responsibility and/or liability to me for the losses of all/or any part of my application fees and/or monies which Speedwing had forwarded to program sponsor on my behalf pursuant to my application, provided if such losses were suffered as a result of any one of the following:
- if program sponsor defaults and/or unable to perform any of its obligations. under the internship program;
- if program sponsor is unable to pay its debts;
- if program sponsor enters into compulsory or voluntary liquidation;
- if program sponsor compounds with or convenes a meeting of its creditors;
- if program sponsor has a receiver or manager or an administrator appointed;
- if program sponsor ceases for any reason to carry on business.
- I understand that program sponsor is required to screen and select suitable applicants for the internship program and will assess my suitability based on my application and an interview conducted by a program sponsor representative. I will only be accepted on the program after the program sponsor assessment process has been completed. program sponsor’s decision is final.
- I agree to abide by all visa and passport rules applicable to me and all the rules of program sponsor and Speedwing, including those set out in the application form and the program materials provided by Speedwing and in the host country by program sponsor.
- I understand Speedwing and program sponsor cannot guarantee the issuance of a visa. I am eligible for the internship program and know of no reason why I may be refused a visa by the respective Embassy.
- I understand that when I sign up for the program, it is my sole responsibility to ensure that I do not have any prior commitments that will jeopardise or affect my ability to embark on the program. If any sudden commitment or issue not within Speedwing’s or my control were to arise that would affect my ability to participate in the program, I understand and agree that the normal cancellation procedure and charges will apply.
- (For US Participants only) I agree to comply with US Government visa application and SEVIS requirements. I understand that if I fail to comply with any program, sponsor or SEVIS conditions or if I behave in any way to bring the J-1 program into disrepute, my program status may be terminated and I may be required to leave the USA immediately.
- At Speedwing, your personal information is confidential. We do not rent, sell, barter or trade email addresses.
- Speedwing reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore. Speedwing and yourself submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.